My Story

Thursday, April 25, 2013 0 comments

My Story

So, I often get asked how I first got introduced to reflexology and why I decided to make it my mission to share this tool with others. 

I received my first reflexology session from my good friend, and now business partner, Amber.  She needed people to practice on to fulfill her requirements for the reflexology class she was taking, and she decided I might make a good guinea pig.  At the time I was not really into holistic healing, although I had several positive past experiences (I am a little hard to get through to sometimes!). I thought, why not, I could use a good foot rub.  Little did I know what would come from that one foot zone.

For years I had been struggling with sinus issues.  It began with the pregnancy of my third child and came back with a vengeance during my fourth pregnancy.  This time it didn’t go away with the birth of my sweet son, instead it lingered on and I had been dealing with what felt like one continuous sinus infection for three years.  Of course, the fact that I am allergic to several antibiotics made the infection almost impossible to get rid of, or so I thought.

The night before meeting with Amber for that first time, I awoke with horrible sinus pressure.  I noticed that at times my sinuses seemed worse than others and this was one of those times!  I was pretty good at hiding my ailment and few friends knew of my struggle.  So, when Amber was treating my foot the next day and asked if I had been having any sinus problems I was pretty surprised!  After all, how could someone know from my foot, one of the furthest points from my head, that I had a sinus infection?  When I confirmed that I indeed had been having issues and explained that they had been chronic, Amber asked if I would be interested in looking up possible emotional causes of a sinus infection.

When I first heard this concept that our emotions could be connected to our physical ailments, it took a little while for me to wrap my brain around it.  It was just so new and different, yet it felt true.  So, I agreed.  Amber handed me a book called Feelings Buried Alive Never Die by Karol Truman.  I looked up the emotion behind sinuses and it was spot on.  I had been dealing with that emotion for years, or rather not dealing with it, which is why it was manifesting physically.  Amber told me that if I could work on releasing that negative emotion and replacing it with a positive one that my sinus issues would more than likely go away.  This sounded so appealing to me that I decided to try it.

Long story short, I choose prayer as my tool to turn my negative emotions over to the Savior and asked God to help me replace the negative with positive feelings.  He did and my sinus cleared up for the first time in years.  Every time I feel my sinuses start to flare up, I thank God that He gave me this tool to recognize when the negative emotions are creeping back in and I use prayer to release and replace.  I have not had one single sinus infection since that first foot zone.

It all began with the foot for me.  Now, I am passionate about teaching the foot zone technique to others and how to use it as a tool to recognize both physical and emotional issues.  I also love to help people discover ways to release and replace and watch as they find health and wellness on all levels.

Allison


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Family Foot Reflexology | TNB